PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY SERVING MACON, GEORGIA
Need a personal injury attorney in Macon, Georgia, but not sure where to start looking? You’ve come to the right place. Williams Elleby partners, Joel Williams and Chase Elleby, are experienced trial lawyers that focus 100% of their practice on personal injury cases. In fact, many of our clients are from Macon and rural Bibb County. If you have been injured in Macon, Georgia, Your Case Deserves Us.
Our attorneys are proud to be part of the community. When one of our fellow Georgians is injured, we are invested in ensuring they receive the maximum compensation possible.
If you’ve been injured in Macon, it’s important to understand your options and how a case works. We have resources to help. For example, our YouTube Channel has videos that explain personal injury concepts. If YouTube isn’t your cup of tea, our Facebook page is an excellent way to access blogs and other information that may be relevant to your case. We also offer free consultations to discuss the specifics of your potential personal injury case. The answers to some of the most common questions about Macon personal injury claims can be found below.
HOW MUCH DOES A MACON PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY COST?
You’ve probably heard that attorneys are expensive and may be worried you cannot afford one for your case. Fortunately, most Macon personal injury attorneys take cases on a contingency fee basis. This means you only pay legal fees if a monetary award is received. Under contingency fee contracts, attorneys’ fees are a percentage of your overall recovery. The amount of the percentage may vary depending on the complexity of your personal injury case. Litigation expenses or “costs” are advanced while your claim is pending and they are repaid one your case settles.
At Williams Elleby, we take Macon personal injury cases on a contingency fee basis. We do not require any money from you up front. Nor do we ask for retainers or down payments. To put it simply, we only get paid if you get paid. If you do not receive a monetary recovery from your Macon personal injury case, you do not owe us a penny.
MORE INFORMATION ON CONTINGENCY FEE
HOW DO I FIND THE BEST INJURY ATTORNEY IN MACON?
We understand that is is difficult to choose the best injury attorney in Macon for your case. The outcome of your personal injury case will have a significant impact on your life moving forward. There are a lot of attorneys that practice law in Macon and figuring out how to narrow them down can be overwhelming.
Start by making a list of prospective attorneys based on internet research and talking to friends and family. Then, narrow that list down to focus on personal injury attorneys. Attorneys that focus on other areas will not have the same level of expertise in personal injury cases. Lastly, narrow down the list by learning more about each possible attorney. Consider reviewing their website, check their social media pages, ask around, and most importantly, meet them in person.
Technology is great, but there is no substitute for what you can learn by meeting someone in person. You will be interacting with your personal injury attorney a lot and what they do will impact your life. You need to make sure you get along with and trust them.
GOOD QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN INTERVIEWING A MACON PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
- Can you tell me about similar cases that you have handled before? This will help you learn if they have the experience necessary to handle your case properly.
- Do you limit the number of cases you take on at once? A good personal injury attorney will limit their caseload so they can give each case the attention it deserves.
- How many personal injury cases have you tried? While cases often settle before trial, you want a Macon personal injury attorney who is not afraid to go to trial.
- Who will handle my case? You want to know who you will be working with. Some attorneys immediately refer cases to other law firms. You deserve to know who will be representing you.
- Can I have your direct line or cell phone number? Some attorneys are almost impossible to get in direct touch with after they take on a case. The answer to this question will help you figure out how invested the attorney is and if you will be able to reach them when you need to.
- Can you get me more money than other firms? Good attorneys don’t make guarantees. If the attorney says “yes,” don’t hire them. You want a good attorney, not a good salesperson to represent you in your Macon personal injury case.
- What issues do you anticipate in my case? Again, good attorneys don’t make guarantees. An attorney who says there are no issues is either being deceptive or is too inexperienced to see the issues. Neither will be the best attorney for your case.
WHAT IS MY MACON PERSONAL INJURY CASE WORTH?
One of the most common questions we get about Macon personal injury cases is, “What is my Macon personal injury case worth?” Unfortunately, we cannot give you an exact number. The value of a case varies based on a lot of factors including:
- The extent of your injuries;
- Whether your injuries are permanent or temporary;
- What percentage of your injuries were caused by the accident versus a pre-existing injury;
- Whether your injuries are permanent;
- Whether you have any similar pre-existing conditions;
- The cost of your medical bills;
- How much past and future lost wages you have;
- Whether you were partially at fault for the injuries;
- Where your case will be heard; and
- Your attorney’s skills.
Whether your case is worth hundreds, thousands, or even millions of dollars, we work hard to get you the most compensation possible — and our track record proves it.
CAN I SETTLE MY MACON PERSONAL INJURY CASE WITHOUT FILING A LAWSUIT?
We understand that you don’t want to go to court for your personal injury case if you don’t have to. The good news is that in many cases, it is possible to settle your Macon personal injury suit without filing a lawsuit.
Our firm is experienced in obtaining fair settlement agreements before a lawsuit is needed. One common technique we use is to send a pre-suit settlement demand to the at-fault person’s insurance company. Our settlement demands provide the insurance company with all the information it should need to fairly evaluate liability and damage issues. In other words, we explain why their insured is responsible and how much they should pay. The insurance company must then evaluate the case and begin negotiations, and by law, is required to negotiate in good faith.
Unfortunately, sometimes negotiations fail and filing a lawsuit is necessary to get you the compensation you deserve. Our attorneys can do that for you.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN MY MACON PERSONAL INJURY CASE?
We strongly recommend that you hire a Macon personal injury attorney if you need to file a lawsuit for your personal injury case. Even lawyers rarely represent themselves. When smart lawyers have a personal injury case, they hire other lawyers to help. Your attorney can help you through each stage of the lawsuit.
Lawsuits begin when your lawyer files a Complaint in the appropriate court. The lawyer should provide you a copy of the Complaint before filing it so that you can read it and ensure the facts stated in it are accurate. The opposing party or parties have 30 days to file their response, called an Answer. In the Answer, each party has to admit or deny every allegation you made against them.
After the exchange of the Complaint and Answer, discovery begins. Discovery is the process where each party learns about the other party’s case through the exchange of written questions and answers, investigations, and depositions. The discovery period will last for at least six months pursuant to Uniform Superior Court Rule 5.1.
After discovery ends, the case is usually referred to as mediation, a formal settlement meeting where a neutral third party tries to help the parties reach an agreement. If mediation is unsuccessful, motions will typically be filed by at least one of the parties asking the judge to resolve the case without a trial. If the case is not resolved through motions or agreement, it will proceed to trial.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT A WILLIAMS ELLEBY ATTORNEY TODAY
If you’ve been injured, contact one of our personal injury attorneys by calling 833-LEGALGA (833-534-2542) to set-up a free consultation.