MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN KENNESAW GEORGIA
The scenic highways of and the just north of Kennesaw are some of the best places in the to ride a motorcycle. However, inattentive and negligent motorists can cause serious injuries to motorcycle riders when they don’t look twice to save a life. If you are a Kennesaw motorcycle rider who was injured due to the negligence of another motorist, know that our personal injury attorneys specialize in helping our Kennesaw neighbors who have been injured in motorcycle crashes.
Here are a few tips to help you understand what you need to know after a Kennesaw motorcycle crash:
KENNESAW MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT – SHOULD I GET A LAWYER?
There are several things to consider when deciding whether to hire a lawyer after a Kennesaw motorcycle accident. If the wreck was your fault, you need to notify your insurance company as soon as possible and your insurer should hire a lawyer to defend you. If the wreck was not your fault and you sustained injuries, you should hire a Kennesaw motorcycle accident lawyer to help maximize your personal injury recovery.
THE 9 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER A KENNESAW MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
1. Call 911: You are legally required to report most motorcycle accidents in Georgia that result in personal injuries or property damage in excess of $500.00.
2. Seek medical care. There are several hospitals with emergency departments and trauma centers in and near Kennesaw that treat . These hospitals include , , and .
3. Take pictures: Pictures are often the most important evidence for proving fault and liability in motorcycle accident cases.
4. Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver.
5. Get the names and contact information for any witnesses. Independent witnesses are often the key to winning cases where liability is disputed.
6. Notify your insurance company. In order to preserve your ability to bring an , you need to notify your automobile insurance company about any motorcycle accident soon after it occurs.
7. Do not admit fault. Even if you think the wreck is your fault, don’t admit it at the scene.
8. Keep an information file. Document everything after a Kennesaw motorcycle accident. Keep a journal and make a note of every phone call, letter, and email. Be sure to save every record, bill, and photograph.
9. Hire a motorcycle accident attorney in Kennesaw. You can reach us at 833-LEGALGA for a free initial consultation.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CLAIMS PROCESS AFTER A KENNESAW MOTORCYCLE WRECK
There are three stages to Kennesaw motorcycle wreck claims: (1) The Pre-Suit Stage (2) The Litigation Stage, and (3) The Trial & Appeal Stage.
The pre-suit stage is where is where your attorney will complete the initial investigation of your case. This involves gathering all publically available information such as accident reports and 911 calls, gathering medical records and bills, obtaining all insurance information, and working with any necessary experts to reconstruct the accident.
After all necessary information is gathered and your attorney has good understanding of your medical diagnosis and prognosis, a pre-suit settlement demand is normally sent to the at-fault driver’s insurance company in an effort to obtain a fair settlement offer. If a fair amount can be agreed upon through pre-suit negotiation, the case will settle and our team will work to finalize the settlement as quickly as possible, taking into account any remaining medical bills or health insurance liens.
If your case cannot be settled in the pre-suit stage, a lawsuit will need to be filed in the appropriate venue. During the lawsuit, the parties will serve written questions and request for documents on one another and take depositions. Once discovery is over, most trial courts will order the parties to mediation. If your motorcycle accident case does not settle during discovery or at mediation, you will enter the third stage of litigation, trial.
Once it is time for trial, any good motorcycle accident attorney in Kennesaw should have all of the necessary evidence organized, witnesses subpoenaed, and pre-trial motions filed. Your attorney will work with you to prepare for trial. Therefore, when you are deciding which lawyer to hire, make sure you hire a lawyer who tries case. Jury trials are complicated and you need a lawyer who knows how to try a case.