PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY IN ACWORTH, GA
After you suffer a personal injury in Acworth, you need a personal injury law firm that specializes in representing Acworth personal injury victims. Wouldn’t it be great if you could find a local Acworth personal injury attorney to handle your case? Maybe even a personal injury law firm that has been honored by Around Acworth Magazine with the Readers Choice Award based on votes by Acworth citizens?
We know you are saturated with advertisements from attorneys on television commercials and billboards that claim to be “Personal Injury Attorneys in Acworth.” Don’t be fooled by those advertisements. Our founding partner, Attorney Joel Williams, lives in Acworth with his family. If you live in Acworth, Your Case Deserves Us.
If you decide to hire an attorney for your Acworth personal injury case, the decision of which attorney to hire will be one of the most important decisions you will make. As you begin your search, we recommend that you speak to local attorneys that offer free consultations. Make sure any attorney you contact has a good working knowledge of personal injury law in Georgia as well as local ordinances in Acworth. If you aren’t ready to speak to an attorney, you can always check out our YouTube Channel to see if we have any videos that may address some of your concerns.
Here are some questions we often get from our Acworth neighbors after a personal injury:
HOW DO I PAY FOR AN ACWORTH PERSONAL INJURY LAWYER?
Nearly all Acworth personal injury lawyers are paid based on a contingency fee contract. That means there are no hourly billings, retainers, or down payments. Instead, the law firm receives a percentage of any recovery that is obtained on your behalf. The exact percentage may vary from firm to firm and from case to case so be sure to ask during the interview process.
Our firm also advances all expenses and costs that are incurred in the pursuit of your personal injury case. The firm is then reimbursed for those expenses out of the gross recovery.
If you hire one of our Acworth personal injury attorneys through a contingency fee contract and your personal injury case is lost, you will not be responsible for paying your attorney for their legal services.
WHO IS THE BEST PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY IN ACWORTH?
If you are researching the answer to this question, you are on the right track to finding the best personal injury attorney in Acworth for your case. The time you spend finding a trustworthy lawyer will go a long way in easing the stress of the claims process and in maximizing your ultimate recovery.
But seriously…who is the best personal injury attorney in Acworth? The State Bar of Georgia Rules prohibit any attorney from claiming to be the best. See Rule 7.1 of the Georgia Rules of Professional Conduct. So how can you tell who is the best? The best lawyer for your injury case in Acworth is one you can trust. Online reviews and social media is a good place to start. Stay away from any firm that has too many negative online reviews or crazy social media posts. You can also check the State Bar of Georgia’s member directory search to see whether any attorney you are considering has been disciplined by the State Bar.
At our firm, we still believe in the value of a handshake. Face to face meetings are important to make sure that we are comfortable with our clients and that our clients are comfortable with us. It is always a good idea to have a sit down meeting with any Acworth personal injury lawyer before you hire them.
When you are preparing to meet with an attorney for your Acworth personal injury case, consider discussing the following topics:
- The best personal injury attorneys in Acworth limit the number of cases they handle. Ask questions to see if the attorney you interview has enough time to properly handle your case.
- Ask the attorney how many similar cases he or she handled in the past year. You may want to think twice before hiring a family law or real estate attorney to handle your personal injury case.
- Make sure the lawyer will personally handle your case. Some lawyers are nothing more than marketers. They will sign up your case and pass it along to another firm in exchange for a referral fee. Sometimes this works out great and other times you will feel like a tennis ball being knocked around by different law firms.
- Acworth attorneys that routinely get the best results for their personal injury clients, prepare every case like it is going to trial. Ask about the attorney’s trial experience and results to make sure he or she is ready, willing, and able to try your case if necessary.
- Find out if the lawyer is willing to give you his or her cell phone number. When you hire a personal injury attorney in Acworth, your lawyer should be accessible to you. You should be able to reach your lawyer by text or phone call during reasonable hours.
- No case is perfect so have a discussion with the lawyer about any challenges you will face during the pursuit of your case. Open and honest conversations are critical to the lawyer/client relationship so make sure the lawyer is willing to talk about the strengths and weaknesses of your case.
- Ask the lawyer if he or she will give you the names of references in the legal community. Attorneys know which firms have the best reputations and proven track records. If the lawyer isn’t afraid to give you the names of references from other law firms, this probably means that he or she has a stellar reputation in the Acworth legal community.
WHAT IS THE VALUE OF MY ACWORTH PERSONAL INJURY CASE?
We are often asked “What is my Acworth personal injury case worth?”
Some Acworth personal injury cases justify very large awards and others settle for small amounts. Settlement value and jury verdicts largely depend on the type of injury, the amount of medical bills and lost wages, the severity and length of suffering, whether there are any pre-existing conditions, whether the defendant has assets or enough insurance to provide fair compensation, whether a jury will allocate any fault to the Plaintiff or other non-party, and the legal abilities of the lawyers involved in the case.
The most important thing is that you receive fair compensation for the damages you suffered. Our firm does everything in our power to maximize the value of every case and we have the results to prove it.
WILL I HAVE TO FILE A LAWSUIT AFTER AN ACWORTH PERSONAL INJURY?
Some Acworth personal injury cases will settle before a lawsuit is filed but this is not always possible. Most of our clients do not want to have to sue in order to obtain fair compensation so our firm always does everything we can to obtain a fair settlement offer prior to filing a lawsuit.
For example, after an Acworth car accident, Georgia statutory law allows an attorney to send a pre-suit settlement demand. O.C.G.A. § 9-11-67.1 These settlement demands give the opposing insurance company the opportunity to make settlement offer prior to formal litigation.
If the at-fault person or their insurance company do not make a fair pre-suit offer to settle, our Acworth personal injury attorneys will need to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
HOW LONG WILL A LAWSUIT TAKE FOR MY ACWORTH PERSONAL INJURY CASE?
On average, it can take anywhere from one to two years for an Acworth personal injury case to reach a jury trial after the lawsuit is filed. Complicated medical malpractice and products liability cases can take even longer.
Personal injury cases for less than $15,000.00 can be filed in magistrate court which allows cases to proceed to trial faster. A useful guide to filing small claims in Cobb County Magistrate Court can be found here.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT ONE OF OUR PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEYS THAT SERVE ACWORTH TODAY
If you have suffered a personal injury, contact one of our Acworth personal injury attorneys at Williams | Elleby today for a free consultation by calling 833-LEGALGA. If you are unable to travel to our office, let us know and we will come to you!