CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN ACWORTH GEORGIA
If you need a car accident lawyer in Acworth, Georgia, you have come to the right place. We know that finding a highly rated car accident attorney near you can be a daunting task and we are here to ease that burden. Our firm is local and we specialize in car accident cases. The readers of Around Acworth Magazine have honored our firm with the Readers Choice Award several years in a row.
It is understandable if you feel lost or confused after a car accident in Acworth. You may need fast answers to questions like: How do I handle medical bills after a car accident? What steps should I take? Should I talk to the insurance company? Each question you have is valid and deserves an informed answer. We are here to help.
Car accidents are one of the most litigated types of civil claims in Georgia. We have perfected the claims process and can help maximize your recovery. Our attorneys have the track record and satisfied clients to prove it.
Here are a few tips to help you understand what you need to know after an Acworth car accident:
DO NOT MAKE THESE MISTAKES AFTER AN ACWORTH CAR ACCIDENT
After an Acworth car accident, do not ignore your injuries. Seek medical treatment to avoid endangering your health. Seeking treatment immediately after an Acworth car crash is a vital step in documenting your physical condition for any personal injury claim. Automobile insurance companies will require you to produce medical records and bills to substantiate any injuries you suffer. If you don’t go to the doctor, most insurance companies will offer little or no compensation for your personal injuries.
Secondly, recorded statements with at-fault driver’s insurance company are usually a bad idea unless you have spoken to a car accident attorney. The other insurance company isn’t on your side so make sure to seek the advice of an attorney before agreeing to a recorded statement. However, in order to preserve any potential uninsured motorist claim you may be required to give a recorded statement to your own automobile insurance company. In either event, it is normally a good idea to call a lawyer before you agree to a recorded statement.
Use caution before signing any document that the at-fault insurance company sends to you after an Acworth car accident. It may be appropriate to complete some forms but other documents will end your claim. Speak to an attorney before signing anything an insurance company sends you.
Finally, do not accept any money from the insurance companies without consulting a lawyer. Some insurance companies will send you payment before you know the full extent of your injuries. If you accept the payment, you will likely forfeit your right to pursue your claim any further.
THE 7 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER AN ACWORTH GA CAR ACCIDENT
- If you are physically able, stay at the scene until the authorities are done with their initial investigation;
- Georgia law requires you to report the vast majority of car accidents so be sure and call 911;
- Take a video and pictures with your phone. Make sure to photograph the scene and property damage. Videos and pictures are often the most important evidence in Acworth car accident cases. This is true for bodily injury and property damage claims.
- Get the names and insurance information for every person involved in the collision.: Ask for their phone number(s) and insurance information. Don’t forget to ask for the names and contact information for any independent witnesses. Pictures, video, and independent witness testimony are vital to winning any case resulting from a car accident in Acworth.
- Let your insurance company know about the wreck as soon as possible. Most automobile insurance contracts require you to notify the insurer about any car accident within a reasonable time. If you do not comply with the terms of the insurance contract, your insurer may deny coverage.
- Do not wait to seek medical care if you are injured. Georgia law requires an injured party to mitigate their damages. For personal injuries, this means seeking medical treatment and doing everything the medical professionals recommend.
- Hire a highly rated car accident attorney that serves Acworth. Make sure you hire an experienced attorney because some attorneys will make mistakes that can be devastating to your case. You can schedule a free consultation with one of our Acworth car accident attorneys by calling us at 833-LEGALGA.
THE STEPS INVOLVED IN AN ACWORTH CAR WRECK CLAIM
Generally speaking, there are three stages to an Acworth car wreck claim: (1) The Pre-Suit Stage (2) The Litigation Stage, and (3) The Trial & Appeal Stage. All personal injury claims do not end up in court. In fact, most cases can be resolved during the Pre-Suit stage but litigation may be necessary if the at fault driver’s insurance company doesn’t make a fair offer to settle your case.
THE PRE-SUIT STAGE OF AN ACWORTH CAR ACCIDENT CLAIM
During the pre-suit stage, our attorneys identify all available insurance, obtain the accident report, 911 calls, dash camera footage, etc. We also interview witnesses and hire any experts that may be needed. Once you are done receiving medical treatment, our attorneys order all of your medical records and bills to properly document your injuries and damages.
Once our car accident attorneys obtain all the documents and information needed to prove fault and the extent of your damages, we will send a pre-suit settlement demand under O.C.G.A. § 9-11-67.1 to try and obtain a fair settlement without filing a lawsuit. Negotiations then begin with the insurance company’s adjuster. If the adjuster makes a fair offer that meets your approval, the case will settle and our attorneys will work to finalize the settlement as quickly as possible, taking into account any remaining medical bills or health insurance liens.
LITIGATION IN AN ACWORTH CAR CRASH CASE
If the case cannot be settled for a fair amount during the pre-suit the process, our attorneys can file a lawsuit on your behalf which begins Stage 2, formal litigation. During formal litigation, the parties will conduct discovery. Discovery is a time frame in which the parties exchange information and take depositions. When discovery ends, most judges will order the parties to attend a formal settlement conference called mediation. Many Acworth car accident cases settle during mediation but if this is not possible our lawyers will begin working with you to prepare for trial.
AN ACWORTH CAR ACCIDENT CASE TRIAL
Trial is the third and final stage of the car accident claims process unless there is a post-trial appeal. It is absolutely essential to have a seasoned trial attorney by your side during this stage. Make sure your attorney is familiar with the State Court of Cobb County. This is where most Acworth car accident cases will be tried.
Trials are broken down into the following parts: 1) Voir Dire or Jury Selection, (2) Opening Statements, (3) Plaintiff’s Case in Chief, (4) Defendant’s Case in Chief, (5) Closing Arguments, (6) Jury Instructions, and (7) The Verdict. Make sure your attorney is an expert in every stage. One wrong move at trial can result in defeat.
CALL OUR ACWORTH CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
If you or a loved one have been injured in an Acworth car accident, our attorneys are here to help. You can reach us at 833-LEGALGA to schedule your free consultation.