PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY IN KENNESAW, GA
If you are looking for a personal injury attorney in Kennesaw, Georgia, you have come to the right place. Unlike some firms who claim to be “Personal Injury Attorneys in Kennesaw,” our roots run deep in the Kennesaw community. Our attorneys live here, our main office is here, and we take tremendous pride in representing our Kennesaw friends and neighbors.
Our attorneys have dedicated their lives to helping personal injury victims. Personal injury is all we do. If you live in Kennesaw, Your Case Deserves Us.
The decision of whether to hire a personal injury lawyer is very important. You likely have many questions that need to be answered before you hire a lawyer so we offer free consultations to help you find the answers. It is ok if you aren’t ready to call for a free consultation. You can always check out our YouTube Channel for videos that provide helpful information for victims of personal injury in Kennesaw.
Some of the most common questions we receive concerning personal injury claims in Kennesaw are addressed below with brief answers:
HOW MUCH DOES A KENNESAW PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY COST?
Kennesaw personal injury attorneys are usually paid on a contingency fee basis. That means the attorneys are paid a percentage of the monetary recovery secured from the personal injury case. There are no down payments or retainers fees that must be paid if you choose to hire Williams Elleby.
In addition to the contingency fee, we also advance all expenses and costs that must be incurred in order to pursue your personal injury case. The advanced expenses and costs are paid back to the firm out of any recovery that we obtain.
If our Kennesaw personal injury attorneys are not able to obtain a recovery for you, you do not owe us anything. No Recovery = No Fee.
MORE INFORMATION ON CONTINGENCY FEE
HOW DO I FIND THE BEST ATTORNEY IN KENNESAW?
If you are reading this webpage, you are on the right track to finding the best attorney in Kennesaw. Hopefully, you are doing your research and have resisted calling the attorneys that are plastered on billboards and television screens at all hours of the day and night. Perhaps, you already know that the attorney on the billboard or TV commercial is almost never the attorney who would handle your case.
How do you know when you have found the best personal injury attorney in Kennesaw for your case? The best lawyer for your Kennesaw personal injury case is one you can trust. But, how do you know if you can trust the lawyer? First, check out the lawyer’s online reviews from past clients. Review the lawyer’s social media accounts. If he or she looks crazy on social media, steer clear.
Nothing beats a face-to-face conversation. Our attorneys never agree to accept a case without first meeting the client. Why? Because we have to know that we are comfortable with our clients and that our clients are comfortable with us.
QUESTIONS TO ASK BEFORE HIRING A KENNESAW INJURY LAWYER
Here are a few questions you should ask any personal injury attorney in Kennesaw to find out if you can trust them to properly handle your case:
- Have you tried these types of personal injury cases before? Ask for specific examples.
- How many cases do you handle at one time? The most effective personal injury attorneys in Kennesaw limit the number of cases they handle.
- How many cases have you tried before a jury? The best Kennesaw lawyers maximize the value of cases by preparing them for trial. Insurance companies often take advantage of lawyers who aren’t willing to try a case.
- Will you personally handle my case? Sometimes a lawyer will take a case and immediately refer it out to a different law firm. Make sure you know a lawyer’s true intentions before you hire his or her firm.
- Can I have your cell phone number? The answer to this question will tell you a lot about whether any Kennesaw lawyer is serious about your case.
- Will you get me more money than other attorneys? If your lawyer says yes, leave his or her office and find someone else. Why? No lawyer can guarantee you a favorable result.
- What problems do you foresee with my case? The best Kennesaw injury lawyers are not afraid to tell you about the weaknesses in your case. This goes back to trust.
- What percentage of your cases are referrals from other lawyers? Lawyers know which lawyers are the best in their field and they routinely refer cases to other lawyers they trust.
WHAT IS MY KENNESAW PERSONAL INJURY CASE WORTH?
A fair question that we are often asked is “What is my Kennesaw personal injury case worth?”
The answer to this question depends on many different things that are unique to your personal injury case. Of course, there is no catch all formula but some examples of things that may influence the value of your case include:
- The extent of your injuries;
- Whether your injuries are permanent;
- Whether you have any similar pre-existing conditions;
- The amount of your special damages (e.g. medical bills, lost wages, etc.)
- Whether you bear any fault in causing your injuries;
- The location or venue where your case will be tried;
- The legal abilities of your lawyer;
Some personal injury cases in Kennesaw are worth millions; still, others are worth thousands. The most important thing is that you receive fair compensation for the damages you suffered. Our firm’s primary goal is to maximize the value of every case and we have the track record to prove it.
CAN I SETTLE MY KENNESAW PERSONAL INJURY CASE WITHOUT FILING A LAWSUIT?
Kennesaw personal injury cases are often settled before a lawsuit is filed. However, that is not always the case. Our firm does everything we can to obtain a fair settlement offer for our Kennesaw clients prior to filing a lawsuit because we know that most people do not want to go to court.
For example, after a car accident in Georgia, an attorney can send a pre-suit settlement demand to the at-fault person’s insurance company. O.C.G.A. § 9-11-67.1 Pre-suit settlement demands force the adverse insurance company to evaluate the merits of a case so that you will know whether a fair amount will be offered prior to filing a lawsuit.
If a fair settlement offer is not made during pre-suit negotiations, you will need a Kennesaw personal injury attorney to file a lawsuit on your behalf.
WHAT HAPPENS IF I HAVE TO FILE A LAWSUIT IN MY KENNESAW PERSONAL INJURY CASE?
If at all possible, do not file a Kennesaw personal injury lawsuit without the help of a local lawyer. If your case cannot be settled pre-suit, your lawyer should forward a lawsuit for your review. Upon the filing and service of the complaint, the defendant(s) have 30 days to file an Answer. The Answer is the legal pleading where the defendant will admit or deny the allegations in your Complaint.
After the defendant files an Answer, the discovery process begins. Under Uniform Superior Court Rule 5.1, the discovery period will last for at least six months. During the discovery period, both sides will exchange written answers to questions, exchange documents, take depositions, and investigate all aspects of the case.
After discovery ends, most Georgia judges will order the case to mediation. A mediation is a formal settlement conference where a neutral (“the mediator”) will try and help the parties agree on a number that will settle the case.
If your case does not settle, your attorney may have to oppose motions the defense files asking the Court to dismiss your case. If you win on these motions, you will need to work with your attorney and prepare for trial.