MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN ACWORTH GEORGIA
Motorcycle riders love the scenic highways of Acworth, Georgia and its surrounding area. Unfortunately, these roadways can be dangerous and deadly when negligent motorists do not keep a proper lookout for motorcycles. Our personal injury attorneys specialize in representing our Acworth friends and neighbors after they have been injured in a motorcycle wreck.
ACWORTH MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT – SHOULD I GET A LAWYER?
There are several things to consider when deciding whether to hire a lawyer after a Acworth motorcycle accident. If the wreck was your fault, you need to notify your insurance company as soon as possible and your insurance company should hire a lawyer to defend you. If the wreck was not your fault and you sustained injuries, you should hire a Acworth motorcycle accident lawyer to help maximize your personal injury recovery.
THE 9 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER A ACWORTH MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Call 911: You are legally required to report most motorcycle accidents in Georgia that result in personal injuries or property damage in excess of $500.00.
- Seek medical care. There are several hospitals with emergency departments and trauma centers in and near Acworth that treat injuries commonly seen after a motorcycle accident. These hospitals include Wellstar Kennestone Hospital, Northside Hospital Cherokee, and Grady.
- Take pictures: Pictures are often the most important evidence for proving fault and liability in motorcycle accident cases.
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver.
- Get the names and contact information for any witnesses. Independent witnesses are often the key to winning cases where liability is disputed.
- Notify your insurance company. In order to preserve your ability to bring an uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM) claim, you need to notify your automobile insurance company about any motorcycle accident soon after it occurs.
- Do not admit fault. Even if you think the wreck is your fault, don’t admit it at the scene.
- Keep an information file. Document everything after an Acworth motorcycle accident. Keep a journal and make a note of every phone call, letter, and email. Be sure to save every record, bill, and photograph.
- Hire a motorcycle accident attorney in Acworth. You can reach us at 833-LEGALGA for a free initial consultation.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CLAIMS PROCESS AFTER AN ACWORTH MOTORCYCLE WRECK
There are three stages to Acworth motorcycle wreck claims: (1) The Pre-Suit Stage (2) The Litigation Stage, and (3) The Trial & Appeal Stage.
The pre-suit stage is where is where your attorney will complete the initial investigation of your case. This involves gathering all publically available information such as accident reports and 911 calls, gathering medical records and bills, obtaining all insurance information, and working with any necessary experts to reconstruct the accident.
After all necessary information is gathered and your attorney has good understanding of your medical diagnosis and prognosis, a pre-suit settlement demand is normally sent to the at-fault driver’s insurance company in an effort to obtain a fair settlement offer. If a fair amount can be agreed upon through pre-suit negotiation, the case will settle and our team will work to finalize the settlement as quickly as possible, taking into account any remaining medical bills or health insurance liens.
If your case cannot be settled in the pre-suit stage, a lawsuit will need to be filed in the appropriate county. During the lawsuit, the parties will send written questions and request for documents to one another and take depositions. Once discovery is over, most trial courts will order the parties to mediation. If your Acworth motorcycle accident case does not settle during discovery or at mediation, you will enter the third stage of litigation, trial.
Once it is time for trial, any good motorcycle accident attorney in Acworth should have all of the necessary evidence organized, witnesses subpoenaed, and pre-trial motions filed. Your attorney will work with you to prepare for trial. Therefore, when you are deciding which lawyer to hire, make sure you hire a lawyer who tries case. Jury trials are complicated and you need a lawyer who knows how to try a case.