LAWRENCEVILLE GEORGIA PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
If you or a loved one were injured in Lawrenceville, Georgia, because of someone else’s negligence, you may need the help of a personal injury attorney. Lawrenceville offers a variety of entertainment, dining, and shopping options. Whether you are watching a joust at Medieval Times , dining on Pike Street, or driving down US 29, accidents and injuries are bound to occur. When they do, let the experienced personal injury attorneys at Williams Elleby help you.
Hiring the right personal injury attorney for your Lawrenceville case is one of the most important decisions you can make. Many injury victims are lured into hiring attorneys with gimmicky billboard and television ads. These same injury victims often call our law firm wanting to fire those attorneys after a lack of communication and pressure to accept low offer settlements.
Attorneys Joel Williams and Chase Elleby of Williams Elleby work hard for their clients from the free initial consultation to the settlement of each case. During the free initial consultation, our attorneys take the time to evaluate the merits of your case and to answer all of your questions. Once hired, both attorneys make themselves available by phone call, text, and email to keep the lines of communication open. The personal injury attorneys at Williams Elleby are not afraid to go up against the big insurance companies. We never want our clients to accept a low settlement offer, which is why we are ready to try a case, if necessary, to maximize your financial recovery.
Still not ready to schedule your free consultation? In the meantime, you can view our YouTube Channel to get answers to some of the most common questions we are asked.
HOW WILL I AFFORD A LAWRENCEVILLE PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY?
After suffering an injury, you will have plenty of questions: Where will I go for treatment? How much work will I miss? Who will pay my medical bills? How will I afford a Lawrenceville personal injury attorney? Fortunately, you will never have to worry how you can afford to hire a personal injury attorney at Williams Elleby.
Our personal injury attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless you receive a financial recovery in your case. There is no upfront retainer fee or hourly billing. All expenses accrued while handling your case will be advanced until you receive your recovery. Once you receive a settlement, your Lawrenceville personal injury attorney will receive a percentage of the compensation you were awarded as well as reimburse the law firm for any accrued expenses. If your personal injury attorney is unable to win your case, you will owe the attorney and our law firm nothing. You can always afford to hire an experienced personal injury attorney at Williams Elleby.
WHERE CAN I FIND THE BEST LAWRENCEVILLE PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY?
Finding the best Lawrenceville personal injury attorney for your case begins with some basic online research. Conduct a Google search for local personal injury attorneys and spend some time browsing each law firm’s website. Make sure the law firm specializes in your type of case and look for examples of results the attorneys have won for their clients. Equally important is taking time to read over clients’ reviews on the law firm’s website and social media pages. Make sure their clients are happy with the way they were treated and with the outcome of their cases. Finally, it is usually a good idea to check the State Bar of Georgia’s Member Directory to make sure the attorney you are thinking about hiring has never been disciplined, suspended, or disbarred.
Williams Elleby has an excellent website for you to browse while conducting your search for the best attorney for your Lawrenceville personal injury case. Our firm specializes in personal injury cases resulting from car accidents, slip and falls, medical malpractice, and negligent security, as well as wrongful death cases. We proudly display past results which total into the tens of millions. Because of the excellent treatment and results they have received, many of our clients are happy to provide testimonials and leave 5-star reviews on Google. Attorneys Joel Williams and Chase Elleby are proud of their solid reputation in the community and are also in excellent standing with State Bar of Georgia.
QUESTIONS TO ASK A LAWRENCEVILLE PERSONAL INJURY ATTORNEY
After carefully researching local Lawrenceville personal injury attorneys, schedule a free consultation to discuss your case and come prepared with a list of questions. The following questions can help you decide if the attorney is the right fit for your case:
- Have you worked on cases like mine before? How many similar cases have you had in the past year, and what were the results?
- What is your current case load like? Do you have time to give my case the proper attention it deserves? When a law firm limits the number of cases it takes on, like Williams Elleby, it is a clear indicator that the firm will provide the needed attention to each case.
- How much experience do you have in a courtroom? Are you willing to try my case, if necessary? Some attorneys will take on cases and perform all the necessary tasks up to going to trial and then refer your case to an attorney who can try cases. Both Attorneys Joel Williams and Chase Elleby have years of courtroom experience and will put their skills and experience to work to help win your case.
- How can I reach you with questions or concerns? The personal injury attorneys at Williams Elleby make themselves easily accessible to their Lawrenceville clients. You will not be passed off to paralegals and legal assistants time after time like you will be at one of those gimmicky law firms.
- What do you foresee as the biggest challenges in my case? How will you overcome them? A top-notch personal injury attorney will be able to predict obstacles ahead of time and develop a strategy for dealing with them.
- Can you promise me you will win my case? How much money can you guarantee me I will win? No reputable attorney can ever promise your case will win or a certain amount of money. If an attorney does, continue your search until you find an honest and reputable attorney.
- Are potential clients referred to you by other attorneys in the area? Law firms will refer potential clients to other reputable law firms when they receive calls about cases outside of their specialty area.
Attorneys Joel Williams and Chase Elleby are prepared to answer these questions and more during your free initial consultation. They are proud to give their clients and their cases the personal attention they deserve. Our attorneys work hard to establish a solid working relationship with our clients that is built on trust and honesty.
WHAT IS MY LAWRENCEVILLE PERSONAL INJURY CASE WORTH?
Each Lawrenceville personal injury case is unique, and many factors contribute to its worth:
- The severity of your injuries and length of suffering;
- Underlying medical conditions and previous injuries;
- Whether you bear any fault in causing the accident;
- The amount of your medical bills for treatment;
- The available insurance or at-fault party’s assets;
- Where your case will be tried;
- The experience and knowledge of your Lawrenceville personal injury attorney.
The more catastrophic your injuries and the greater amount of insurance and assets that are available, the greater your financial recovery will be. Whether your injuries are catastrophic or moderate, Williams Elleby is ready to help you get the fair compensation you deserve.
CAN I SETTLE MY LAWRENCEVILLE PERSONAL INJURY CASE WITHOUT HAVING TO FILE A LAWSUIT?
You may be able to settle your Lawrenceville personal injury case without having to file a lawsuit. Once you are done treating for your injuries, your attorney will request your medical records and bills along with any lost wage documents. Next, he/she will send a pre-suit settlement demand to the at-fault insurance company. A pre-suit settlement demand outlines the extent of your injuries and cost of treatment, establishes fault, and demands a certain amount of financial compensation for your injuries. The amount demanded will be determined by you and your attorney.
The at-fault insurance company will have 30 days to respond to the pre-suit demand. If they accept the amount you are requesting for your injuries, then your Lawrenceville personal injury case will settle. Unfortunately, even after a lot of negotiations, the at-fault insurance company will sometimes refuse to offer a fair settlement amount for your case. When this occurs, your attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf against the at-fault party. The location of the court case is determined by where the at-fault party resides. If the at-fault party resides in Lawrenceville, then your case will most likely be heard at the State Court of Gwinnett County.
WHAT HAPPENS AFTER I FILE A LAWRENCEVILLE PERSONAL INJURY LAWSUIT?
Your Lawrenceville personal injury lawsuit will begin with your attorney filing a complaint. This is a legal document that states your claim against the defendant. The defendant will have 30 days to answer by either admitting or denying the allegations being made against him/her.
The next stage in the process is known as the discovery period, which lasts up to 6 months. During this time both parties involved in the lawsuit exchange pertinent information in the form of answers to written questions and the production of documents. Depositions may also occur during this time. At the end of the discovery period, each party will have learned the other’s position in the case.
At the conclusion of the discovery period, the judge in your Lawrenceville personal injury case may order both parties into mediation. During mediation, a mediator will assist in trying to get both parties to resolve the case by coming to an agreement. This is a last attempt to settle your case before a courtroom trial is needed. If an agreement can be reached, then your case will settle. If both parties cannot reach an agreement, then your Lawrenceville personal injury attorney will prepare for trial.
Because a personal injury lawsuit is a lengthy and complicated process, hiring the right attorney for your Lawrenceville case is crucial. An attorney’s knowledge of Georgia personal injury law and courtroom experience can make or break your case. Let the skilled personal injury attorneys at Williams Elleby put their knowledge of Georgia law and courtroom experience to work for you.