CAR ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS SERVING WOODSTOCK, GA
If you need a car accident lawyer for your Woodstock, Georgia case, the attorneys at Williams Elleby can help. Sometimes it is difficult to find an attorney you can trust to maximize the value of your case. It may be even harder to find a local law firm with a track record of significant recoveries in car accident cases. Our firm has a long history of significant recoveries in Georgia car accident cases.
At Williams Elleby, we are changing the way personal injury attorneys interact with their clients. We believe that car accident victims should have their attorney available by phone, text messages, email, and for in-person meetings. You should not have to navigate through case managers, legal assistants, and paralegals, just to speak with your attorney. When you hire Williams Elleby, you will always have access to your attorney. Give us a call at 833-LEGALGA to speak with one of our attorneys.
If you are not quite ready to speak with an attorney, here are a few tips to help you understand what you need to know after a Woodstock car accident:
AVOID THESE MISTAKES AFTER A WOODSTOCK, GA CAR ACCIDENT
Get treatment for any injuries you sustain in a Woodstock car accident. Too often, car accident victims make the mistake of waiting too long to seek treatment for their injuries. Seeking treatment soon after a Woodstock car crash is important for two reasons. First, medical professionals are in a better position to diagnose and treat your injuries if you see them soon after the accident. Second, your injuries must be documented and you will be required to produce medical records and bills to substantiate any injuries you suffer. If you don’t go to the doctor, any lawyer you hire will have a hard time proving the true extent of your injuries.
You should also avoid giving a recorded statement to the at-fault insurance company without speaking to a lawyer. The other insurance company isn’t on your side and they are experts at framing questions to elicit answers that diminish the value of your case. Williams Elleby lawyers can help you avoid the dangerous traps that insurance adjusters set.
Use caution before signing any document that the at-fault insurance company sends to you after a Woodstock car accident. It may be appropriate to complete some forms but other documents will end your claim.
Recently, we have seen insurance companies call the injured victim and offer to pay for “reasonable” medical bills plus a couple thousand dollars for pain and suffering. Although this is enticing to some, most people don’t realize that they are likely making a HUGE financial mistake by agreeing to such an arrangement. Never agree to an insurance companies’ offer without speaking to an attorney.
THE MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER A WOODSTOCK CAR ACCIDENT
- DO NOT LEAVE THE SCENE OF AN ACCIDENT: Unless you must leave in an ambulance for health reasons, make sure you call 911 and get a police officer to the scene to conduct an investigation;
- TAKE PICTURES AND VIDEO. Pictures of property damage and roadway evidence are critical in 99% of car accident cases. After a Woodstock wreck, use your cell phone to take pictures and video of the scene as well as the damage to all vehicles involved in the wreck;
- EXHANGE INFORMATION WITH ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE WRECK: Collect phone numbers and insurance information. This includes contact information for all witnesses that stop to help. Independent witnesses are often the key to winning cases when the parties dispute fault.
- Seek medical care if you are injured. Georgia law requires an injured party to mitigate their damages. That means that you must seek medical treatment in an effort to try and get better. If your injuries get worse because you do not seek treatment or fail to follow a doctor’s orders, the at-fault party will not have to pay for damages caused by your failure to follow your doctor’s advice.
- Call Williams Elleby at 833-LEGALGA. Make sure you hire the best attorney possible for your case because some attorneys will make mistakes that can be devastating to your case. If our attorneys are not the best fit for your case, we can help you find someone else.
THE WILLIAMS ELLEBY PROMISE
Cheesy television lawyers make car accident attorneys sound like money grabbing ambulance chasers. Many of those lawyers are just as bad as the insurance companies they claim to fight. Frankly, lawyers that stand on semitrailers, swing sledge hammers, and boast about their army spend too much time focusing on Hollywood theatrics and almost no time with the people they claim to represent.
When you hire Williams Elleby, we promise to:
- Keep you informed of the good and bad of your case at all times;
- Help you make an educated decision about the settlement value of your case;
- Always put your interests ahead of our own;
- Maximize the value of your case, even if that means we get paid less;
- Never let the insurance company take advantage of you.