MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN MARIETTA GEORGIA
Riding a motorcycle through Marietta offers freedom that cannot be matched by driving a car but when accidents happen, you should consult with a local motorcycle accident lawyer. Inattentive and careless drivers can cause serious injuries to motorcycle riders when they don’t look twice to save a life. If you are a Marietta motorcycle rider who was injured due to the negligence of another motorist, our personal injury attorneys specialize in helping our Marietta friends who have been injured in motorcycle crashes.
Here are a few tips to help you understand what you need to know after a Marietta motorcycle crash:
MARIETTA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT – DO I NEED A LAWYER?
When deciding whether to contact a lawyer after a Marietta motorcycle accident, you first need to determine whether the accident was your fault. If so, contact your insurance company right away and your insurer should hire a lawyer to defend you. If you were not at fault and you sustained injuries, it’s important to hire a Marietta motorcycle accident lawyer to help maximize your personal injury recovery.
THE 9 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER A MARIETTA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Call 911: Georgia law requires that you report most motorcycle accidents that result in personal injuries or where property damage exceeds $500;
- Seek medical care. There are several hospitals with emergency departments and trauma centers in and near Marietta that treat injuries commonly seen after a motorcycle accident. These hospitals include Wellstar Kennestone Hospital, Piedmont Atlanta, and Grady;
- Take pictures: You know the saying, “a picture is worth a thousand words?” That’s especially true in a Marietta motorcycle accident. Pictures are often provide the most important evidence for proving fault and liability in motorcycle accident cases;
- Exchange insurance and contact information with the other driver. Don’t just rely on the responding police officer to gather this information;
- Get the names and contact information for any witnesses. These bystanders can provide important testimony when liability is in question;
- Notify your insurance company. In order to preserve your ability to bring an uninsured or underinsured motorist (UM) claim, it’s important to notify your insurance company about your motorcycle accident as soon as possible;
- Do not admit fault. Even if you think the wreck is your fault, don’t admit it at the scene;
- Keep an information file. Document everything after a Marietta motorcycle accident. Keep a journal and make a note of every phone call, letter and email and be sure to save every record, bill, and photograph;
- Hire a motorcycle accident attorney in Marietta. You can reach us at 833-LEGALGA for a free initial consultation.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CLAIMS PROCESS AFTER A MARIETTA MOTORCYCLE WRECK
There are three stages to Marietta motorcycle wreck claims: (1) The Pre-Suit Stage (2) The Litigation Stage, and (3) The Trial & Appeal Stage.
STAGE 1: Pre-Suit
The pre-suit stage is where is where your attorney will complete the initial investigation of your case. This investigation includes collecting all publicly available information from accident reports to 911 calls, gathering medical records and bills, assembling all insurance information and hiring any necessary experts.
After all necessary information is gathered and your attorney understands all medical issues stemming from the accident, we normally send a pre-suit settlement demand to the at-fault driver’s insurance company in an effort to obtain a fair settlement offer. If a fair amount is returned, the case will settle and our team will work to finalize the settlement as quickly as possible, taking into account any remaining medical bills or health insurance liens.
STAGE 2: Litigation
If your case cannot be settled in the pre-suit stage, a lawsuit will need to be filed in the appropriate venue. The first part of this stage involves discovery, where parties will serve written questions and request for documents on one another and take depositions. Once discovery is complete, most trial courts will order the parties to mediation. If your motorcycle accident case does not settle during discovery or at mediation, you will enter the third stage, trial.
STAGE 3: Trial
Once it is time for trial, any good motorcycle accident attorney in Marietta should have all of the necessary evidence organized, witnesses subpoenaed and pre-trial motions filed. Your attorney will work with you to prepare for trial. Therefore, when you are deciding which lawyer to hire, it’s important to make sure you hire a lawyer who tries cases. Jury trials are complicated and you need a lawyer who knows how to navigate them.
CALL OUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS TODAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
If you or a loved one have been injured in a Marietta motorcycle accident, our attorneys are here to help. You can reach us at 833-LEGALGA to schedule your free consultation.