MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAW FIRM SERVING MACON
Our motorcycle accident law firm has noticed an increase in Macon crashes over the past several years. These crashes are often caused by careless or inattentive drivers that don’t look twice to save a life. While most drivers are careful to keep an eye out for other cars, not all drivers are adept at watching for bikes.
If you were injured in a Macon motorcycle crash, you could have a viable injury claim if the crash was the fault of another person. Our experienced motorcycle crash attorneys are dedicated to fighting for the legal rights of Macon motorcycle riders.
SHOULD I HIRE A MACON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER?
A lot of factors go into the decision of whether to hire a motorcycle lawyer after a crash in Macon. If you are responsible for the crash, your first call should be to your insurance company. As part of your insurance contract, an attorney will be provided to defend you. However, if you sustained an injury in a crash caused by another person, a motorcycle accident lawyer might help you get the most out of your claim.
THE 9 MOST IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER AFTER A MACON MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Call 911. Georgia law requires that you report all motorcycle crashes that result in personal injury or property damage valued at more than $500.
- Seek medical care. Your health is your first priority. Some facilities able to treat common motorcycle accident injuries include Coliseum Northside Hospital and Regency Hospital.
- Take Pictures. Photo evidence is powerful following a motorcycle crash. Your legal counsel can use them as evidence at trial to show the force of the impact.
- Exchange insurance and contact information.
- Identify all available witnesses. Neutral witnesses play a major role in a motorcycle crash trial. A witness with no interest in the outcome can often decide the course of an injury trial.
- Notify your insurance company. If the driver who struck you does not have insurance, you might benefit from Uninsured Motorist coverage from your insurance provider. However, you could lose that coverage if you fail to report the accident to your carrier.
- Never admit fault. Even if you feel responsible, leave liability issues to your attorney.
- Keep a thorough file. Document everything in your Macon motorcycle accident crash, including police reports and medical records.
- Hire a motorcycle accident attorney. Never take on an injury case on your own. The Williams Elleby team is ready to help.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CLAIMS PROCESS
A Macon motorcycle claim can be divided into three separate phases: pre-suit, litigation, and trial.
The pre-suit phase begins the moment your attorney opens the file. This phase begins with an investigation of the bike crash, which includes a review of police reports, 911 call recordings, medical bills, and expert opinions. After the investigation is complete, a plaintiff will issue a formal settlement demand to the defendant or their insurance company. If the two sides can reach an agreement, the case will resolve long before trial. However, if the opposing insurance company is unwilling to make a fair offer, your attorney will file the lawsuit.
After your attorney files the lawsuit, the parties will begin the discovery process. Discovery involves both parties to a lawsuit exchanging documents and other evidence they intend to use at trial. This process involves answering written questions and participating in depositions. In some cases, the court will also order mediation. If the claim is not resolved by this point, the next step is a trial.
At trial, your attorney should come in with every piece of evidence ready to go. Witnesses should be prepared and motions should be resolved with the court. It is crucial that you hire a motorcycle accident attorney who is ready to put in the hard work behind a motorcycle crash trial. Should the trial not go your way, you can appeal the decision.
CONTACT AN EXPERIENCED MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
If you suffered an injury in a Macon motorcycle accident, contact one of our experienced motorcycle crash attorneys to help you hold the responsible party accountable for their negligence. Simply call 833-LEGALGA or 833-534-2542 to schedule a free consultation.