ROME, GEORGIA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT LAWYER
Are you searching for a Rome, Georgia, motorcycle accident attorney after a negligent driver caused you to lay your bike down? With its close proximity to Atlanta, its scenic mountains, and the Cave Spring Motorcycle Rally, Rome and the surrounding Floyd County are an excellent choice for a motorcycle ride. However, distracted and negligent motorists can inflict serious injuries on unsuspecting motorcycle riders.
If you or a loved one were injured in a Rome motorcycle accident, the experienced attorneys at Williams Elleby are ready to help. Our law firm specializes in personal injury and wrongful death cases in Rome and across the state of Georgia. We assist our clients by maximizing their financial recovery for their injuries and getting the justice they deserve.
If you are not ready to contact a Rome motorcycle accident attorney today, read on to find out what you need to know after a motorcycle accident:
DO I NEED TO HIRE A ROME MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
Some injured Rome motorcycle riders delay hiring an attorney after their motorcycle accident because they assume the at-fault insurance company will take care of everything. Unfortunately, that assumption is incorrect. The insurance company is not on your side and will often undervalue your case, leaving you with minimal compensation for your injuries and pain and suffering. It is crucial that you hire a top-notch Rome motorcycle accident attorney who has experience going up against the big insurance companies to get you the financial compensation you deserve.
CAN I AFFORD A ROME MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY?
Yes, you can afford to hire a Rome motorcycle accident attorney at Williams Elleby. Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis, which means we do not get paid unless you receive financial compensation for your injuries. There are no upfront costs, expenses, or retainer fees. You will never be billed by the hour. All expenses for your case are paid by the firm, and our firm is reimbursed when you get your compensation. If your Rome motorcycle accident attorney does not win your case, you will owe us nothing.
SEVEN IMPORTANT ACTIONS TO TAKE AFTER A ROME MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Call 911 to report the Rome motorcycle accident. Georgia law requires you to report accidents that result in more than $500.00 worth of property damage or injuries;
- Seek medical care right away. For emergency medical care, Rome offers the Floyd Medical Center or the Redmond Regional Medical Center. Delaying treatment can further aggravate injuries and can hurt your motorcycle accident claim. Insurance companies will assume you were not badly injured if you do not seek treatment;
- Take photos of the property damage on your motorcycle and all other vehicles involved in the accident, if you are well enough to do so. Photos serve as powerful evidence in proving liability in your case;
- Exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver. Also, obtain the contact information from anyone who witnessed the accident. Independent witnesses can be vital in proving cases when liability is being disputed;
- Refrain from admitting fault. Even if you think you might be partially responsible for causing the motorcycle accident, fault is best determined by an experienced attorney;
- Create an information file for your case. Document every phone call, email, or letter received regarding your Rome motorcycle accident. Save medical records, bills, and photos in your file. You can also keep a journal documenting your injuries, pain and suffering, and treatment;
- Hire a Rome motorcycle accident attorney who gets results, such as one of the attorneys at Williams Elleby. Attorneys Joel Williams and Chase Elleby have recovered millions for their clients. Let them help you get the financial compensation you need.
HOW DOES A CLAIM GET RESOLVED AFTER A ROME MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT?
Your Rome motorcycle accident claim can get resolved in one of three stages:
- The Pre-Suit Stage
- The Litigation Stage
- The Trial and Appeal Stage
The pre-suit stage of your Rome motorcycle accident claim is also known as the investigation stage. During this time, your motorcycle accident attorney will investigate and order all available pieces of information pertaining to your case. Ordered information includes motor vehicle accident reports, 911 recordings, police dash and body camera footage, and insurance declaration pages. When you are finished treating for your injuries, your medical records and bills will also be ordered. During this stage, your attorney may also hire experts to reconstruct the accident to explain how and why the accident occurred if liability is in question.
Once all the information regarding your case has been ordered and examined, your Rome motorcycle accident attorney will most likely send a pre-suit settlement demand to the at-fault insurance company. The demand clearly states your injuries, treatments you received, your economic and noneconomic losses, and demands a certain amount of financial compensation for your losses. The amount demanded will be decided by you and your attorney and will be dictated by the extent of your injuries and the amount of insurance money that is available. If a fair settlement amount can be agreed upon between you and the at-fault insurance company, then your case will settle.
If a fair recovery amount cannot be agreed upon, then your case will enter the litigation stage. This stage begins when your Rome accident attorney files a lawsuit on your behalf and with your permission. The discovery period marks the first six months of a lawsuit. During this time, both parties in the case exchange pertinent information in the form of answers to written questions and by producing requested documents. Depositions may also be scheduled during this time. This stage of the process typically concludes with both parties being ordered into mediation by the Rome judge presiding over the case. If an agreement can be reached during mediation, then your case will settle.
If your Rome motorcycle accident case does not settle after mediation, then your case will proceed to trial and enter the final stages of resolving a claim. During this stage, it is crucial for you to have an attorney with recent and extensive experience trying cases in a court room. You need a Rome motorcycle attorney who will be prepared by having evidence organized, witnesses subpoenaed, and pre-trial motions filed. Jury trials are complex, which is why you need the help of the motorcycle accident attorneys at Williams Elleby.
CONTACT A ROME MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY TODAY
Contact the Rome motorcycle accident attorneys at Williams Elleby today at 833-LEGALGA (534-2542) if you have been injured in a motorcycle accident. We offer free consultations and work on a contingency fee basis, so you have nothing to lose. Let Attorneys Joel Williams and Chase Elleby put their experience to work for you to get the financial compensation you deserve.