MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN THOMASVILLE, GEORGIA
Are you in need of an experienced motorcycle accident attorney after a Thomasville motorcycle accident? Known for its historic downtown, beautiful parks and gardens, and proximity to the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico, Thomasville is a great place to hit the open road.
Unfortunately, inattentive and careless drivers can cause serious injuries to innocent motorcycle riders in southwest Georgia. If you have had a motorcycle accident in Thomasville due to another motorist’s negligence, the attorneys at Williams Elleby are here to help.
Here are some tips to help you understand what to do and what you need to know after a motorcycle accident in or around Thomasville, Georgia:
SHOULD I HIRE AN ATTORNEY AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT IN THOMASVILLE?
After a Thomasville motorcycle accident, some injured motorcycle riders do not hire an attorney because they assume the insurance companies will take of everything. Unfortunately, many insurance companies will undervalue your case, leaving you with minimal monetary compensation for your injuries and suffering. It is important to hire an experienced Thomasville motorcycle accident attorney who can protect you from insurance companies that try to underpay.
CAN I AFFORD A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY IN THOMASVILLE, GEORGIA?
When injured in an Thomasville motorcycle accident, some motorcycle riders fear they cannot afford to hire an attorney. At Williams Elleby, you never have to worry about the cost of hiring a top-notch motorcycle accident attorney. We offer free consultations to potential clients. We also work on a contingency basis, which means we do not receive compensation for our services unless you receive a monetary recovery for your personal injury case. If we are unable to recover compensation, you will owe us nothing.
STEPS TO TAKE AFTER A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT IN THOMASVILLE
- Call 911 to report your motorcycle accident. In Georgia, you are legally required to report motor vehicle accidents in which personal injuries or property damage result in more than $500.00 in damages.
- Seek medical care immediately following the accident. While at the motorcycle accident scene, you will probably experience a rush of adrenaline that can decrease the sensation of pain. After the initial shock subsides, pain may begin to set in. Delaying treatment can be used against you by the at-fault insurance company.
- Photograph the property damage. These pictures can serve as powerful evidence in proving liability in your motorcycle accident case.
- Exchange important information with the other driver. Make sure to get their name and contact information. Obtain the name of their insurance company and policy number.
- Refrain from admitting fault. Even if you think you might have played a role in the motorcycle accident, determining liability is best left up to your attorney.
- Create an information file with important documents pertaining to your motorcycle accident. Note every phone call, email, and letter received. Retain copies of medical records, bills, and EOBs. Keep a journal describing any pain you are experiencing and what treatment you are receiving.
- Hire a Thomasville motorcycle accident attorney that gets results. The attorneys at Williams Elleby can help maximize your monetary recovery, allowing you to focus on getting well physically.
THE 3 STAGES OF A MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT CLAIM
There are three stages to a Thomasville motorcycle accident claim:
- The Pre-Suit Stage
- The Litigation Stage
- The Trial and Appeal Stage
The pre-suit stage is also known as the investigation stage. Your motorcycle accident attorney will be busy gathering and investigating all available records pertaining to your case. This includes obtaining certified copies of the accident report, the 911 call, police dash and body camera videos, and photographs. Automobile insurance coverage will be obtained and reviewed. Medical records and bills will also be requested.
Once your attorney has all the pertinent records and information in your case, he or she can then submit a pre-suit settlement demand to the at-fault insurance company. The pre-suit settlement demand is a legal document that attempts to obtain a fair settlement offer prior to filing a lawsuit. If your motorcycle accident attorney and the at-fault insurance company can agree upon a fair recovery amount, then the case will settle and you will be paid fairly quickly.
If your motorcycle accident case does not settle, then it will move into the litigation stage, in which a lawsuit will be filed on your behalf. The beginning part of the litigation stage is the discovery period. During this time, both parties can ask each other questions through their attorneys and exchange important documents and things related to the case. Depositions may also be taken during this time. When the discovery period is complete, the parties may be ordered to mediation.
Trial and Appeal Stage
If your motorcycle accident case does not settle during mediation, then your case will enter the trial stage. It is imperative that you hire a motorcycle accident attorney with experience trying cases in Thomas County. The attorneys at Williams Elleby are experienced and have the results to prove it. Our attorneys always meticulously prepare for trial. We focus on every detail and variable that may arise during the trial of a case. Your evidence will be organized, witnesses will be subpoenaed, and all pre-trial motions will be filed. Although the thought of your case going to trial may be uncomfortable, with Williams Elleby you can have peace knowing that your case is being handled by our team.
CALL OUR MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS TODAY FOR YOUR THOMASVILLE CASE
If you have been injured in a motorcycle accident in Thomasville, Georgia, call Williams Elleby today at 833-LEGALGA (534-2542) for a free consultation. We look forward to working for you.