MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEY SERVING ATLANTA
You will find motorcycles in every corner of Atlanta but it can be difficult to find the best motorcycle accident lawyer in Atlanta for your injury case. From large bikes to small, Atlanta is home to the majority of Georgia’s motorcycle enthusiasts. Despite how common they are on Atlanta roadways, bikers face constant risk of colliding with inattentive or reckless motorists. If you are an Atlanta rider who suffered an injury due to a negligent motorist, you should know that our team of skilled attorneys stand ready to fight for Atlanta residents injured in these crashes.
For a better understanding of what it takes to recover damages on a motorcycle accident claim, consider the following tips:
ATLANTA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT – SHOULD I GET A LAWYER?
There are several factors to keep in mind when considering an attorney for an Atlanta motorcycle accident. If you caused the collision, it is important that you immediately notify your insurance carrier. In some cases, they will provide you with a defense attorney should the need arise. However, if the wreck was caused by the other driver, you need an Atlanta motorcycle accident lawyer to get the most out of your accident claim.
THE 9 THINGS TO CONSIDER FOLLOWING AN ATLANTA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT
- Call 911: If you are involved in an accident with injuries or property damage greater than $500, you are obligated to notify law enforcement as soon as possible.
- Seek medical care: Your health should be your top priority. Hospitals that can potentially treat injuries after a motorcycle accident include Piedmont, Emory, and Northside.
- Take photos: They say “a picture is worth 1,000 words.” That is never truer than following a motorcycle accident. Photographic evidence can go a long way towards proving your claim.
- Exchange insurance information with the negligent driver.
- Collect the contact information of witnesses. The testimony of an independent witness could make or break your injury claim.
- Notify your insurance company. Your insurance policy requires that you notify them of any collision right away. Failure to do so could cost you the uninsured motorist coverage under your policy.
- Never admit fault. Even if you believe you were responsible, leave issues of fault to your attorney.
- Keep an information file. Every piece of evidence is important. You can help your case by collecting everything from accident reports to medical bills.
- Hire an Atlanta motorcycle attorney. To discuss your case with WILLIAMS ELLEBY, call us at 833-LEGALGA today.
WHAT TO EXPECT DURING THE CLAIMS PROCESS AFTER AN ATLANTA MOTORCYCLE WRECK
An Atlanta motorcycle claim can be broken down into three stages: (1) pre-suit, (2) litigation, and (3) trial.
During the pre-suit phase, your attorney will complete the process of investigating your accident. This process begins with a review of publicly available records like a police report, 911 calls, dash cam videos, etc. It also involves going over your side of the story and obtaining the medical records from your treatment.
Once your attorney has everything they need, they will send a pre-suit demand letter to the responsible party on your behalf. This is done to jump-start settlement negotiations with the opposing insurance company. If your attorney can resolve your case before trial for a fair value, there will be no need to file a lawsuit. But when settlement falls through, litigation is the only option to obtain the compensation you deserve.
Litigation begins with the filing of a lawsuit. Once the defendant files their answer to your complaint, the parties will begin the phase known as discovery. In discovery, both parties swap evidence to be used at trial through written answers and depositions.
Ultimately, if your case does not settle, it will go to trial. Your attorney should be prepared for trial long before that day arrives. The witnesses should be prepared and the evidence should be cataloged. At trial, your attorney will present your case to a jury and ask the jury to return a verdict that compensates you for your damages.
CONTACT OUR ATLANTA MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENT ATTORNEYS RIGHT AWAY FOR A FREE CONSULTATION
If you or someone you love has sustained injuries in an Atlanta motorcycle crash, they should discuss their case with experienced legal counsel right away. Contact WILLIAMS ELLEBY at 833-LEGALGA (833-534-2542) to talk about your claim with a compassionate, experienced Atlanta motorcycle attorney.